Boost your DNA research with powerful import tools!
DNA Painter is free, but you need a subscription to create additional profiles after your first, and to benefit from bulk import.
You can now subscribe to DNA Painter and unlock the power of visualizing all your matches together:
- Experiment with different mapping approaches — Have up to 50 DNA Profiles
- Identify trends and common matches — Access subscriber-only bulk processing tools allowing import of custom segment lists and match lists from MyHeritage, 23andMe and FamilytreeDNA
- Bulk-add new matches — So long as you retain the match name, the import tool will skip already-imported matches and just add new ones
- Enjoy extra flexibility — Assemble groups of matches in your favourite spreadsheet application and import these directly into a DNA Painter profile
- Help take DNA Painter forward — Support the development of new functionality that will make the site even more useful
- All for the price of a good cup of coffee each month!
“DNA Painter has quickly become an essential tool for genealogists!”
— Blaine Bettinger, The Genetic Genealogist and founder of DNA Central
“I love this tool, and you will too”
— Roberta Estes, dna-explained.com
“DNA Painter offers wonderful additions to the genealogist’s arsenal of resources”
— Paul Woodbury, professional genealogist and lecturer
|Tools (e.g. Shared cM/ WATO)||Access to all||Access to all|
|Chromosome Mapping||Limited to 1 profile||Up to 50 profiles|
|Bulk import tool||No access||Unlimited access|
Quick Subscription FAQ
- What happens after my subscription expires?
- A subscription is required to create additional profiles beyond your first profile, and to access the import tools. So if your subscription expires, you will retain all your profiles but won't be able to use import tools or create additional profiles until you have renewed.
- I already have more than one profile - does this mean I have to pay?
- No: you do not need to subscribe to retain full access to existing profiles.
- What kind of files can be used in the bulk import?
- The bulk import tool can currently process the following types of file:
- segment data files from FamilytreeDNA, MyHeritage and 23andme
- segment data from Gedmatch's Tier 1 'Matching segment search' tool that has been converted to CSV
- Exported DNA Painter profiles
- segment data from any other source, provided it is set out in with set column headers.
Additional sources will be added when these become available. For more information and full instructions, read the help page.
If you don't need to or would rather not subscribe at this time, you can also contribute to the development of new tools for genetic genealogy by making a one-off contribution of an amount of your choice.Make a one-off contribution