As I mentioned last month, DNA Painter will once again be exhibiting at RootsTech in Salt Lake City, Utah this year. For 2024, we will be a Bronze sponsor. In this post I’ll give a quick overview of what we’ll be doing at the conference.
To whet your appetite before I start, here’s a quick video that FamilySearch published recently:
DNA Painter will have a large island booth in the RootsTech Expo Hall. The Expo Hall hours this year are as follows:
- Thursday February 29th: 9am – 7:30pm
- Friday March 1st: 9am – 6pm
- Saturday March 2nd: 9am – 3pm
At the booth you might meet me, James, Leisa or Patricia. We’re looking forward to chatting to you about new and existing features of DNA Painter. There will also be some useful giveaways and a ‘show special’ price on subscriptions.
If you’re coming to RootsTech and would like to volunteer at the stand, please contact me!
I’m hoping to give a number of short presentations at the booth showcasing recent developments. In addition:
- I’ll be contributing to a panel being run by Diahan Southard: Genetic Genealogy Turns 25: DNA Experts Tell Their Stories on Thursday February 29th
- Later that day I’ll also be chatting with Penny Walters about the role of DNA testing in helping adopted people to identify biological relatives
- On Friday March 1st I’ll be giving a short talk about ancestral trees at 10:20am on the Expo Hall’s Heritage Theater stage
- I’ll be discussing Beginning with DNA Painter at 9:30am on Saturday March 2nd in room 250
- I think that’s it, but I’ll update this post if any additional details emerge
The full class schedule has now been published and you can find it here.
I hope to see you in SLC. You can register for the virtual and online events at https://www.familysearch.org/en/rootstech/